A few days ago i installed Windows 8 on my desktop computer. Today i checked out some of my C++ projects to build them, but the *.vcproj file generation of CMake didn’t work, because of the following error message by the FindQt4.cmake script:
D:\Development\C++\ifcore\cmakebuild>cmake .. -- Building for: Visual Studio 10 -- Check for working C compiler using: Visual Studio 10 -- Check for working C compiler using: Visual Studio 10 -- works -- Detecting C compiler ABI info -- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done -- Check for working CXX compiler using: Visual Studio 10 -- Check for working CXX compiler using: Visual Studio 10 -- works -- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info -- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done CMake Warning at D:/Software/cmake-2.8.9-win32-x86/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindQ t4.cmake:605 (MESSAGE): D:/Software/Qt/Desktop/Qt/4.8.1/msvc2010/bin/qmake.exe reported QT_INSTALL_LIBS as "Qt: Untested Windows version 6.2 detected! D:/Software/Qt/Desktop/Qt/4.8.1/msvc2010/lib" but QtCore could not be found there. Qt is NOT installed correctly for the target build environment. Call Stack (most recent call first): CMakeLists.txt:7 (FIND_PACKAGE) CMake Error at D:/Software/cmake-2.8.9-win32-x86/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindQt4 .cmake:609 (MESSAGE): Could NOT find QtCore. Check D:/Development/C++/ifcore/cmakebuild/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log for more details. Call Stack (most recent call first): CMakeLists.txt:7 (FIND_PACKAGE) -- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
After some time on Google i found an bug report (#0013489) about this issue, which is already solved but not in my installed CMake Version 2.8.9. The bug report has a simple patch attached which replaces a single line in the FindQt4.cmake script.
This is how you fix your script:
- Open file: %CMAKE%\share\cmake-2.8\Modules\FindQt4.cmake
- Search for: OUTPUT_VARIABLE output ERROR_VARIABLE output
- Replace the line with: OUTPUT_VARIABLE output
Now everything should work fine.Google+